Introductory Package – $395
“The Alexander Technique (AT) is a way of learning to move mindfully through life. The Alexander process shines a light on inefficient habits of movement and patterns of accumulated tension, which interfere with our innate ability to move easily and according to how we are designed.” AT is distinct from physical therapy, body work, yoga, pilates, and other mind-body techniques. While complementary to these other modalities, AT offers the student an opportunity to find the root causes of subconscious harmful patterns of tension and then “rewire” the nervous system, to make more conscious and easeful choices in living and activity. Gina looks forward to sharing this life-changing process with you.
The introductory package includes:
- An introductory book on the Alexander Technique, chosen for you by the teacher, based on your interests and learning style.
- Five 60-minute lessons, to be scheduled within a one month timeframe.*
- In taking 5 lessons, you will learn the following:
- How to recognize harmful tension patterns that may be contributing to stress, tension or even pain in your activities.
- How to pause your nervous system as a step towards changing tension patterns.
- How to not ‘choose’ habits such as gripping the neck, and learn to direct your body more efficiently.
- At-home exercises to reinforce work with the teacher.
- Practical applications to everyday activities of your choosing (sitting at a desk, using a smart phone, reading, gardening, cooking, sport or exercise)
- You will also receive ample hands-on work that while educational in nature, has therapeutic benefits.
- Email access to the teacher in between lessons.
*Because the force of habit is so strong, new students are encouraged to have several lessons within the first month of studying the Technique. This is because the new approach to movement, and to thinking about movement, takes time and repetition to become established.
Terms: the introductory package is non-transferable and non-refundable. It expires 1 month from the date of the first lesson. The package can be purchased by new students or those that have had some introductory lesson(s). Contact Gina if you have any questions.